|Pocock Industrial specializes in solving solids/liquid separation
problems. We serve broad spectrum industry and have provided
services to many of the major Mining, Oil, Chemical, Pharmaceutical,
Food and Environmental companies. We also serve as consultants
to Engineering companies, Research organizations, Legal and
The scope of our services include, but are not limited, to
the following activities:
- Laboratory testing to provide solids/liquid separation
- Evaluation of solids/liquid separation alternatives and
- Development of process flow sheets, material balances,
and the evaluation of process alternatives.
- Development of commercial plant design criteria.
- In-plant solids/liquid separation problem solving.
- Pilot plant design and operation to obtain process optimization
and scale-up information.
- Process and solids/liquid separation consulting.
Pocock Industrial works on a flexible basis and will provide
services from complete project responsibility to limited solids/liquid
separation testing and consulting. We will work within tight
budget constraints, under secrecy agreement, and will provide
our services on a competitive basis. Upon request, we will
provide a proposal for specific services developed in coordination
with client needs.
We believe the combination of substantial practical experience,
engineering capability, and integration of laboratory through
operating plant process knowledge, provides a basis for providing
LABORATORY TESTING SERVICES:
Pocock Industrial offers the following testing services:
- Sample characterization, including particle size analysis.
- Flocculation screening, selection, and optimization.
- Classification studies.
- Clarification studies, including conventional and solids
- Thickening studies, including conventional and high rate
in CCD or hybrid configuration.
- Filtration studies, including drum, disk, horizontal belt,
- Viscosity studies, including Newtonian and non-Newtonian.
- Carbon adsorption isotherms.
- Development of titration curves for treating process and
- Evaluation of precipitation chemical reagents.
- Water treatment studies.
- Precipitate particle size growth to enhance separations.
- Kinetic studies.
- Small scale pilot studies to optimize processes and provide
solids/liquid separation information.
- Field laboratory testing services using portable equipment.